Monday, July 18, 2005

Latest Obsession: Wikipedia

Last night it happened again. After watching the latest stage of the Tour de France, I had a few questions that needed answering about some of the riders. I decided to pull up Wikipedia for some quick answers.

My adventure started with the bio for George Hincapie, who won that stage. Surprisingly, the article had already been updated listing this win. From there, on to more cycling links. Within a few more minutes I had already forgotten what else I wanted to look up but I'm sure it had something to do with Italy, judging by the tabs open in my browser. Not a far stretch when you consider all of the Italian cyclists and races.

Another half hour passes. I realize I'm reading an article on Electrical Pylons, and find myself wondering what kind of a geek would write such an article and even more so, what kind of a geek would sit and read something like this unprovoked.

At least I can pretend I learned something. Maybe I'll introduce my dad to Wikipedia the next time I'm home.

1 Comments:

At 7:47 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Hincapie had an amazing win. "Hey um, while your up their 18 minutes ahead of Lance, why don't you just go ahead and win the stage for once?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home